Common Names: Ironweed, Tagulinay, Tagulinau (also refers to a different plant)
Origin: occurs in the Old World Tropics, introduced to the New World
- has medicinal uses in the Philippines and other parts of the world
- infusion of the plant is taken internally for cough
- also used for wounds
- leaves used for humid herpes, eczema, etc.
- I should take a close up picture of this that shows the twenty or so tiny flowers in each head
- flowers are “all perfect, the corolla all equal, tubular, slender 5-lobed, about 20 in each head”