Common Name: Binunga, Biñunga, Parasol Leaf Tree
Origin: native to the Philippines and also found in the Andaman Islands and Malay Peninsula to southern China and Taiwan southward to northeastern Australia.
- this is one of the trees in my list of framework species for reforestation
- it is frequently mentioned as a good tree for reforestation because it is quick growing and provides shade
- the shade helps kill of the weeds that could choke the seedlings
- its big, roundish leaves make it easy to recognize
- we didn’t realize that we already had this tree until we started clearing off the weeds in the tree planting area!