Common Name: Rambutan
Origin: Cultivated in most parts of the Philippines. Also reported in India to Indo-China and Malaya, and extensively cultivated in Java and Malaya.
- evergreen bushy tree
- grows to 20 meters
- edible fruit
- Trinket’s mom’s trees are visited by Colasisis!!
- Our caretaker says he hasn’t seen wild Colasisi in Batangas. We shall see about that!
- Nevertheless, the tree looks quite beautiful when in fruit.
- We should have asked the people in Talisay if they get Colasisi.
- Bought from Talisay, Batangas. There are a lot of fruiting Rambutan trees along the road in Talisay.
- we bought 8 grafted trees, they are not supposed to grow very tall
- planted on 5 October 2012